Sunday, August 3, 2014

Can't Believe This Shit [Continued]

Draya sat next to Wayne comfortably with their hands in locked on the table. Nicki felt sick as she thought about her friend, Candi and how she was feeling right now. It washed away when she saw Candi coming to the table with a puffy face and a sad look on her face. Nicki and Safaree both looked confused as they walked up to the table. Nicki waved the waiter over to bring her a baby chair for the kids then turned back to them.

"What's.. What's going on?"

"Nicki, I'm sorry... I really am.. I miss you, so much and you know I love you."

"What did you do? Did he hurt you? Why is he here..."

"Nicki, baby.. Let them explain. Wassup, yo? Why you got me here?"

"Look, Safaree... I just wanted..."

"Mrs. Carter, your guest Mr. Wadley is here."

"Send him over."

"MRS. Carter? MRS?"

"Draya, what?"

Safaree asked confused with his eyebrows furrowed. Draya sighed before her lawyer came over with paper and a brief case.

"Wait, should we call our lawyer because..."

"If you want to, but it isn't necessary for this."

The lawyer intervened behind Draya could talk.

"What the fuck is going on?"

"Mr. Wadley could you step to the side for a minute."

Draya asked as the waiter came over with a joint baby chair. Nicki placed Alana and her seat cover in the right side and Akinu and his seat cover in the left side. Safaree watched Draya watch Nicki with her face fixated on Akinu. She looked away then over at him as he stared at her.

"Candi isn't married to Wayne... I am."

"WHAT?"

"SHH.."

"We got married as soon as you guys got the divorce. He knew you guys were sleeping together before I knew... I didn't want to believe him because I loved you..."

She whispered the last part as she fought back tears. She pulled herself together then began talking again.

"When I found out I was pregnant with your child and that you were cheating on me, I wanted to kill him, but I didn't... I thought I could love him and not hate him because of you, but I couldn't stop seeing you in him."

"And that's why we're here... And him."

Wayne interjected pointing to Wadley. Safaree mugged him and he sat back in his chair. Safaree's jaw was clenched as tight as his fist was that was around the back of Nicki's chair. 

"Why is Candi here?"

"I paid her to lie to you... She needed the money, but her good ol' friend wouldn't lend her any even when she told her, her son was sick."

"You wouldn't allow me! Don't you dare!"

"You always listen to what a man..."

"Not really, seeing as I didn't listen to you when I took our vows or those nights you begged me to come home because you knew.."

He clenched his jaw then nodded his head at Nicki spiting him. Draya waved over the lawyer and he quickly walked over and passed the papers to Safaree then one to Draya.

"Draya is giving up all her rights as a parent to Akinu and giving you full custody."

"What? He's your son.. Draya, what...?"

"I don't want him just as much as you didn't want me."

"Don't do this to him... Please.."

"He looks happy to me where he is and Nicki..."

"Wow. I can't believe I loved someone like you.."

"Like me? I didn't cheat on you, ever! You cheated on me the entire time we were together!"

"I didn't, but that don't matter... Where do I sign?"

"Here and here..."

He sat back and read it from top to bottom then again... He lifted up the paper and red the lighter pink side to make sure they matched and then he red the fine print and shook his head no. He passed the paper back to the lawyer and pointed to the bottom where it stated he had to give them ten thousand in emotional damages.

"I don't owe you shit."

"You caused this, you do!"

"We weren't married, so fuck you!"

He pushed back from the table and slammed the chair up to it. He picked up Alana and kissed Akinu, who held his arms up to him as he walked off.

"Let's go Nic."

"But... I'm not leaving him."

"Come on... I'll figure something out, but let's go."

He demanded but she stayed in her spot in front of Akinu. He walked back over to her and handed Alana to her. She placed her hand on Akinu's wet face as he cried out for him. She wiped at his tears and placed Alana in front of him. He kissed her face as squealed seeing him. He smiled big and goofy.

"Sign the paper, Faree."

"I'm not giving them ten thousand dollars."

"You won't have to because I will."

"No you're not... They fucked up your friendship just to get back at us..."

"Wait, you said there was no other parties involved?"

"No.. No.."

"What? Talk bro."

"They can only file an emotional damage claim if the only party that suffered was themselves, but they tried to handle it themselves... So..."

"It was me.."

Candi finally spoke up. She looked over at Nicki, who looked away from her as she stood to her feet with napkin from the bathroom stuck to her face because of how soft it was and her overflow of tears.

"I'm sorry, I betrayed you.. I needed the money. Twelve thousand is a lot of money to pass up and Naz needed it for his treatments."

"I know what he needed, you could've came to me, you didn't need them! You were trying to hurt me because I hurt you... You were my girl."

The lawyer got a black marker and blanked out the bottom part then handed it to Safaree. Safaree quickly signed it and the handed it back to him. The lawyer locked it in his brief case as Draya cried out and Wayne stood to his feet mad. Safaree grabbed Akinu and Nicki grabbed Alana and they left.

"I can't believe them?"

"Me either, but calm down Nicki."

He pointed to the kids sleeping in the next room. She let out a loud sigh as she walked over to the door and they were still napping. She turned around to him and looked up at him with sad eyes.

"What?"

"You were going to give up on him."

"Nicki, I wasn't... But I'm not gone give no ho my mo!9ney to be splurging with her nigga."

"You could have that back in a week."

"Two days, but that don't matter... That ho was out her mind. Can't believe I had feelings for her.."

"You really didn't.."

"What that mean?"

"Who's bed were you in most of your nights?"

She smirked pulling him towards her. He smirked pulling away from her. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him back towards her, but this time, he didn't pull away. She puckered her lips and watched as he pecked her lips.

"Did you just lay them down?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Let's get into our own fun while they're sleep."

"Oh, like what?"

"You down or nah?"

"Nope, I'm not gone be used and abused."

He stated crossing his arms and placing them on her head. She swatted his arms before they both started laughing. 

"Let's go watch movies."

"We haven't been to the movies in forever, yo."

"Let's watch Salt."

"Again? Why can't watch the Purge 2?"

"Safaree, I'm not watching no scary shit."

"But... Whatever. Let's go watch Salt."

She smiled grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the small home theater. He chuckled watching her walk in front of him. She smirked catching him staring when she went to see what he was laughing at. 

"Don't stare, take a picture."

"I am, a mental one."

She laughed letting his hand go. She went rummaging through the DVDs for the movie. He sat and thought about their convo earlier and their visit to the doctors late that afternoon of the meeting day.

"Yo, what if he ain't my son?"

Nicki turned around slowly and eyed him for a minute before seeing the look of sadness on his face. Nicki threw the few movies in her hand on the floor and walked over and sat in his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips.

"He'll always be our son, no matter what the test says."



Safaree and Nicki sat at the table a few days later staring at the large tan envelope that was addressed to them both. She looked up at him and he frowned finally placing his hand on the envelope. They both looked towards the stairs where Alana could be heard crying. Nicki stood up and touched his hand before walking away to get Alana. He sighed loudly before pulling the paper out of the envelope. He skimmed over it expecting to see his worse nightmare happen before him. 

He read it again and nodded his head happily as he read 99.9% DNA Match for Akinu Lloyd Samuels. He pushed away from the table and rushed over and up the stairs. He went to the kids' bedroom but they weren't in there. He rushed to their bedroom, but they weren't in there either. He looked confused until he saw the bathroom door open and the light on. He nearly ran into her as she walked out in her bra and shorts. He picked her up and kissed her. 

"He's mine. Baby, he's mine."

She laughed then pecked his lips again as she wrapped her legs around him. He walked back into the bathroom where Akinu and Alana lay in their baby bath tubs. He placed Nicki on the sink next to them and kissed them both. Alana squealed then held her hands out to him. 

"You know you have to pick her up if she see you do it to someone else."

"You done bathing them?"

"Yeah, I was going to get their clothes."

He picked Alana up then Akinu. Akinu reached out for Nicki as she hopped down from the sink. She laughed at the sour look on Safaree's face as she took Akinu from him.

"What I do?"

"Yelled at him, earlier."

"He'll get over it.."

"And so will you."

"Don't take up for him."

"My little Safaree."

"Whatever."

She laughed as they dressed the kids in matching colored outfits. She put her hand under his chin and pulled his face towards her and kissed him. 

"I told you."

"You were right."

"I get my prize right?"

He chuckled at her licking her lips and looking him up and down. He picked up Alana and looked at her. He looked over at Nicki then back at Alana.

"Don't be like your mom and take a man for his goods."

"Safaree! Don't tell her that!"

She laughed punching him in the arm. He kissed Alana cheeks before they continued to get ready to go out for the day. Nicki had a meeting before she met back up with Safaree at the kids' appointment with their doctor. 

"Safaree don't forget to pinch the nipple on the bottle got Lani."

"I got it written down on my mental notes."

"Don't forget to feed Akinu those snacks... No McDonald's, Faree."

"But..."

"Not even for yourself, I'm cooking tonight."

"Oxtail babe."

"What about Gumbo?"

"Alright."

He replied as he grabbed both full carseats. Akinu waved his hand at Nicki, who was waving hers at him. He placed his hand over his mouth and blew her a kiss. She did the same back to him as they walked to the truck. He placed Alana on the back seat then pushed her over to the passenger side then placed Akinu in and strapped him in. He walked around and strapped Alana in and she reached for him. He kissed her cheek and squealed with a big toothless smile on her face. Akinu lifted his head and looked over at her with his two front teeth in his mouth.

"I make some beautiful ass kids."


Nicki reached for the Starbucks building door and stepped in with her sunglasses still on her face. She scanned the room with just her eyes and caught her waiting guest watching her with nervous movements. She walked up to the table and sat down without a word to her guest. Which technically she was the guest, but she was the one asked to come. She cleared her throat as the watery eyes stared at her with a black bang nearly cover the eyes. She pulled her hand back when the person tried to touch her.

"I'm giving you five minutes to explain the then I'm leaving."

"Nicki, stop acting like we don't have his...."

"Save the past talk for someone because you just like I know, know we had history. You should've thought about that before you crossed me. Four more minutes."

"Really? I'm trying to fix our friendship.. The least.."

"Three minutes."

"Onika, please. I'm sorry, I fucked up our friendship. I know.. But I'm willing to do anything to save what's left of it."

"There isn't anything left. You chose where we stand when you did what you did, but for it to be all fake and for money? It's crazy."

"I gave the money back... All of it. I rather have you in my life than money..."

"You should've kept it. Our friendship is over and good luck with Nas, I hope he gets better."

She stood up and began to walk away from the table when Candi grabbed her arm. She placed her other hand in Nicki's and pushed a piece of paper in her hand. Nicki let it drop to the floor then turned around yanking her hand away.

"You'll miss me."

"It's better than having someone fake in my life."

They both shouted across the room. Candi huffed as she sat and watched her ex best friend walk out of the door. She reached over and picked up the paper and sighed. It was the check from Draya and Wayne that she now ripped up. She didn't know how and when she would be able to get back into Nic's life, but she had to be there and she needed her forgiveness more than anything.

8 comments:

  1. Oooooh interesting! Thanks for updating xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Draya id a true bitch in this story & Wayne is just a whore in this. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit is crazy! Man I didn't expect for all that stuff with Candi to be fake... That was a good ass twist. As for onikafaree they cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why this remind me of Draya's parenting in real life :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, the whole Candi and Wayne was a fake? Wow! They sure had me fooled. But for Draya to ask for money like they were married, girl bai. I hope Candi son is okay tho. Nic and SB are just super cute with their little fam.

    ReplyDelete